Saturday, January 19, 2008

Facing the Giant--Mamalu 'a Mohuku

I came across a film during the last Christmas holidays and found a movie called, Facing the Giant, and was elated at the doctrinal based-making of the movie. My family and I watched the movie a few times now and feel the importance of using God-given model of success as shown in the Holy Writ to help us in our modern challenges. A great movie, very inspired movie and glad to know that there are others out there who can share their talents for a great cause in a world of chaos.

After watching the movie many times over, I am reminded of what my Tongan ancestors' saying "mamalu 'a mohuku" meaning though the weeds seems larger, it is easier to plug them out than it looks. Hence, though our task may seems undoable at times, like "facing the giant", we can handle it if we carefully use the lessons learned from the models as outline in the scriptures and what our ancestors had taught us to be victorious.

No comments: